The Hocking County Prosecutor's Office prosecutes felony and misdemeanor crimes within the county but also provides a variety of other services, including:
- Advise law enforcement on what is needed to successfully prosecute a case under Ohio law.
- Counsel county officials and township trustees on contracts, laws, etc.
- Assist the Hocking County Treasurer in the prosecution and collection of real estate tax foreclosures and bankruptcies.
- Assist local businesses pursue criminal charges against those who pass bad checks.
- Represent South Central Job and Family Services with child support enforcement, abuse, neglect and dependency cases.
- Assist in the collection of lodging tax.