Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of Hocking County Ohio government

Jason Despetorich

Hocking County Seal


(740) 385-4027

Self Help Toolkit

Please use this reference guide to get help information in a variety of health areas.

Self-help Assistance Toolkit

Addiction Treatment Resources from the 317 Board

If you feel you are having difficulty quitting drugs or alcohol, you can find help at:

800-662-HELP (662-4357) SAMHSA's National Helpline 

Or for more information, visit: Alcoholics Anonymous Young People in Alcoholics Anonymous Drug and Alcohol Support Group for Teens Narcotics Anonymous Moderation Management Rational Recovery SMART Recovery Alcohol Management

If you would like more information about drugs in general, such as drug effects on the body, you can visit: NIDA for Teens National Institute on  Drug Abuse Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration 

If you are experiencing difficulty with a family member due to their alcohol or drug use, you can find help at:

888-4AL-ANON (425-2666) Al-Anon Family Groups 

Or for more information, visit: Friends and Family of Alcoholics Friends and Family of Alcoholics Friends and Family of Cocaine Addicts 

If you are a runaway, thinking about running away, or you know of someone who has or may run away, you can find help at:

800-448-3000 Boys Town National Hotline
800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) National Runaway Safe line
800-551-1300 Children of the Night

Or for more information, visit: National Runaway Safe line Boys Town Covenant House

If you feel you have been a victim of sexual or physical abuse and/or child abuse or neglect, you can find help at:

800-799-SAFE (799-7233) National Domestic Violence Hotline
877-739-3895 National Sexual Violence Resource Center
800-978-3600 Domestic Violence Safety Plan Hotline
800-4A-CHILD (422-4453) Child help National Child Abuse Hotline 

Or for more information, visit: National Coalition Against Domestic Violence National Domestic Violence Hotline National Council on Child Abuse and Family Violence Child help 

If you feel you are having emotional problems, such as depression, or you know someone with emotional problems, you can find help at:

800-273-TALK (8255) National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
800-SUICIDE (784-2433) Suicide Hotline
800-442-HOPE (4673) National Hope line Network

Or for more information, visit: Depression Information National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Suicide Awareness Voices of Education (S.A.V.E)

If you feel you are having difficulty in sexual areas, you can find help at:

800-227-8922 American Sexual Health Association
800-CDC-INFO (232-4636) CDC Information

Or for more information, visit: American Sexual Health Association Sexaholics Anonymous Sex Addicts Anonymous AIDS Information NIAID

If you have any questions or concerns about pregnancy, or you know someone who may, you can find help at:

800-230-PLAN (230-7526) Planned Parenthood
866-942-6466 American Pregnancy Helpline

Or for more information, visit: Planned Parenthood American Pregnancy Helpline

If you feel you may have an eating disorder (i.e. excessive eating, binging or not eating enough) you can find help at: Overeaters Anonymous Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous Alliance for Eating Disorders Awareness

If you feel you are having difficulty quitting gambling, you can find help at:

800-522-4700 National Council on Problem Gambling

Or for more information. Visit: Gamblers Anonymous

If you feel you can't stop shopping and/or spending money, you can find help at: Debtors Anonymous Smart About Money